CSFA Valor Awards - How to Nominate
Valor Awards nominations must be received by the CSFA no later than June 30th to be included in the Valor Awards Ceremony of the respective year.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ON-LINE NOMINATION FORM
If you prefer email or fax the information, please use the format below and include as much of the requested information or documentation as possible.
1. Name, age, position/title, address and telephone number of the person performing the act.
2. A complete description of the incident which led to the nomination, including: date and time of the incident; location of the incident; weather conditions; if a factor, and existing disability and/or the physical effects of the act upon the nominee; and the extent of injuries to the victim or rescued person(s) if pertinent.
3. If applicable, a copy of the investigating law enforcement, fire department, or other emergency agency's reports.
4. Photographs or sketches of the scene if it will assist in portraying the act.
5. Newspaper clippings and media accounts of the incident.
6. Your name, address, and telephone number.
Submit nomination packages to CSFA Valor Award, 1232 Q Street, 2nd Floor, Sacramento, CA 95811.
The heroic act must have been performed by a citizen within California during the period of eligibility, July 1 through June 30. The committee chair may wave the eligibility period requirement for events that occurred within three years of the eligibility period. For events occurring more than three years from the annual cutoff date, the CSFA President must approve the nomination.
There must be conclusive evidence that the person performing the act voluntarily risked their own life to an extraordinary degree in saving or attempting to save the life of another person, or voluntarily sacrificed themselves in a heroic manner for the benefit of others.
A personalized medal displaying the CSFA Valor Award logo is presented to the person performing the act or, in the case of posthumous recognition to the surviving spouse or next of kin.