CSFA Valor Awards - How to Nominate
Valor Award nominations can be submitted throughout the year. Recipients of the CSFA Valor Awards can be recognized at the local jurisdiction or at the CSFA Annual Training Conference (at recipients’ expense).
CLICK HERE FOR THE ON-LINE NOMINATION FORM
If you prefer emailing the information, please use the format below and include as much of the requested information or documentation as possible.
1. Name, age, position/title, address and telephone number of the person performing the act.
2. A complete description of the incident which led to the nomination, including date and time of the incident; location of the incident; weather conditions; if a factor, and existing disability and/or the physical effects of the act upon the nominee; and the extent of injuries to the victim or rescued person(s) if pertinent.
3. If applicable, a copy of the investigating law enforcement, fire department, or other emergency agency's reports.
4. Photographs or sketches of the scene if it will assist in portraying the act.
5. Newspaper clippings and media accounts of the incident.
6. Your name, address, and telephone number.
Submit nomination packages to: CSFA Valor Award, PO Box 189187, Sacramento, CA 95818.
The heroic act must have been performed within the State of California. The committee chair may waive the eligibility period requirement for events that occurred within three years. For events occurring more than three years, the CSFA President must approve the nomination.
There must be conclusive evidence that the person performing the act voluntarily risked their own life to an extraordinary degree in saving or attempting to save the life of another person, or voluntarily sacrificed themselves in a heroic manner for the benefit of others.
A personalized medal displaying the CSFA Valor Award logo is presented to the person performing the act or, in the case of posthumous recognition to the surviving spouse or next of kin.