CSFA Fire/Arson Investigation Committee
Chairperson: John Kitchens
Department: LA City FD
To serve as a resource to the membership regarding issues relative to fire/arson investigation. To attend the annual CSFA Conference and submit written committee reports to include oral reports when needed.
Goals of the Fire/Arson Investigation Committee: "A Strong & United Voice"
- To provide input and support to relevant legislation benefiting the members, the fire service and the fire investigation community.
- To inform members regarding fire investigation training and education opportunities.
- To provide for beneficial exchange between members and other organizations and disciplines involved in various aspects of fire investigation.
- To identify the fire investigation needs and resources of the organization.
- Committee Chair or designee must attend the CSFA conference.
Fire/Arson Investigation Committee seeks members
Newly-appointed Fire/Arson Investigation Committee Chair John Kitchens (Los Angeles FD, ret.) is seeking committee members.
The Committee’s purpose is to serve as a resource to the membership regarding issues relative to fire/arson investigation. In addition, the Committee provides expert input and support to CSFA’s legislative program regarding relevant legislation benefiting the fire service and the fire investigation community.
Members interested in joining the Committee are welcome to meet with Chair Kitchens during the CSFA Conference in Healdsburg on Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 2 pm, or if unable to attend Conference he may be reached at email@example.com.