Tribal Fire Department Committee
Committee Overview &
Chair Person: Jake Heflin, Long Beach FD
To promote and advocate the importance that Tribal Fire Departments play in the delivery of emergency services in the State of California. Additionally, to ensure that Tribal Fire Departments have equal representation and parity with other agencies within the California Fire Service.
To better understand and respond to the needs of Tribes throughout the State, the CSFA Tribal Fire Departments Committee will coordinate and collaborate with the Tribal Emergency Management Association (iTEMA) and the California Tribal Fire Chiefs Association.
Goals of the Tribal Fire Department Committee
Interface with the CSFA Board of Directors on all issues that could affect Tribal Fire Departments.
- Co-Brand CSFA, iTEMA, and Tribal Fire Departments whenever possible to promote training and education.
- Ensure Tribal Fire Departments are represented during the California Fire Assistance Act (CFAA) negotiations.
- Promote parity with other Fire Departments throughout the State relative to presumptive law coverage for Tribal firefighters.
- Promote CSFA membership and benefits to Tribal Fire Departments.
- Promote the use of Tribal Fire Department venues for meetings, conferences, and training.
- Ensure that Tribal Fire Departments who utilize volunteer firefighters get equal access to grant funded training and membership programs.