CSFA 99th Annual Conference
May 4-5, 2021
General Information & Registration
This year it is all business: Attendance and activities will be limited due to Covid-19 public health restrictions.
CSFA’s 99th Annual Conference is slated for May 4 and 5 at the Cache Creek Casino Resort in Brooks (Yolo County). Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the format for CSFA’s annual business meeting will be condensed and attendance will be limited to comply with all local and state public health directives regarding in-person gatherings.
Conference registration is $50.00 and includes lunch on day 2. Voting will occur on the afternoon of May 5. For those who wish to stay overnight at the resort on Tuesday night, a room rate of $169.00 (includes taxes and resort fees) has been negotiated.
As always, we encourage voting delegates from across the state to represent their fire departments, submit and vote on resolutions to guide CSFA’s legislative program, and elect the Board of Directors and CSFA President. However, the Covid-19 pandemic created unique challenges for the CSFA Conference Committee in meeting requirements of the CSFA bylaws and complying with public heath directives. Please review the list of major changes below. We welcome your participation in May.
Some major changes for this year include:
- All attendees and voting delegates are required to register in advance. There will be no walk up on-onsite registration.
- Resolution deliberations and voting, as well as the election of CSFA officers will be handled in accordance with the CSFA bylaws; however, there will be no guest speakers, award presentations, training or exhibitors at this Conference.
- In-person attendance is limited to 50 persons, who must maintain social distancing. Seating will be first-come, first seated.
- Should registrations exceed 50, electronic accommodation and/or rotation of delegates will be employed to comply with public health directives.
- There will be one meal event (lunch on May 5th) limited to 50 persons; first come, first seated.
- During business meetings all attendees must wear masks which will be provided. There will be other health requirements and protocols that will be announced at the start of the Conference by the designated Safety Officer.
- In the interest of efficiency, members are strongly encouraged to submit any Conference resolutions electronically before the Conference begins. A link for online resolution submission will be posted here shortly.
- All attendees must download, sign and present the COVID-19 Release of Liability Form prior to attending conference. You can sign and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or present the signed form at the conference registration desk. No exceptions.
- Please call 1.888.772.2243 and ask for the CSFA Conference Group Rate.