CSFA Photo Contest – 2018 Rules
1. Sponsor: The CSFA 2018 Photo Contest (the Contest) is sponsored by California State Firefighters’ Association (hereafter “Sponsor”) with offices located at 1232 Q Street, 2nd Floor, Sacramento, CA 95811.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to persons who are legal residents of and are currently located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, officers, directors, consultants, independent contractors, and interns), who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for the Sponsor, their parent, subsidiary, or affiliated entities, or agents acting on behalf of the above entities, including but not limited to all other promotional partners, or any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest or supplying the prize(s), and/or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and distributors, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter, or receive a prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. Eligibility is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to change rules at any time.
3. Subjects: All submissions must be of California firefighters in action (e.g. medical responses/car accidents, structure firefighting, wildland firefighting, rescues or parades, antique apparatus, public education and training.)
4. To enter: Take a high quality (at least 500 kb, 1 mb preferred) digital photo. Email to email@example.com provide a brief description (location of the incident, responding agency(s) and date the photograph was taken. The digital photo shall not have any text, “water mark” or logo on it. Sponsor reserves the right to re-assign to a different category. Photographers may enter up to five photographs per per week.
5. Posting of submissions: Sponsor may choose, in its sole discretion, to post (or re-post, as the case may be) submissions on one or more of its social media accounts and/or printed publications. Should Sponsor choose to do so, such posting/re-posting is for entertainment and informational purposes only and will have no bearing on the selection of winners.
6. Photo contest timeline: There will be four photo contests every year. The first contest begins January 1st and concludes March 31st. The second contest begins April 1st and concludes June 31st. The third contest begins July 1st and concludes September 30th. The begins October 1st and end December 31st. Winners of each quarterly contest will be announced within five days after the conclusion of the contest.
7. Grant of Rights in Submission: Entrant grants to Sponsor and its designees the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicenseable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit his/her Submission in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice or any compensation to entrant. Such use includes but is not limited to Sponsor possibly posting one’s Submission on one or more of its social media accounts (as per Rule 5 above), on www.csfa.net and/or in CSFA e-mail communications or other CSFA electronic and print publications. Entrant further expressly acknowledges that Sponsor does not owe him/her a duty of confidence (or fiduciary duty or the like) with regard to his/her Submission and that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs and other literary/artistic materials submitted to it from outside sources or being developed by its own employees and that such ideas/stories/designs/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) a person’s Submission and that Sponsor shall have no liability to entrant or any third party in conjunction therewith.
8. Selection of winners: Winners will be selected by compiling votes of CSFA Instagram and/or Facebook users who vote for their favorites until the closing date of each quarterly contest. Photo’s receiving the most votes will then be voted on by the CSFA PR committee to determine the quarterly winner. Photo of the year: All the 1st place contest winners from the previous calendar year automatically will be placed in a “photo of the year” contest. Members of CSFA’s Public Relations Committee will determine the winner. The winning photo will be published on the cover of an edition of The California Fire Service magazine. The “photo of the year” winner will receive a $300.00 prize (gift card/and/or merchandise).
9. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded quarterly in the following categories: 1st, 2nd , 3rd and Honorable Mention. 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will consist of gift cards/and or merchandise ($200, 1st place; $75, 2nd place and $25, 3rd place. Honorable mention prizes shall consist of e-mailed certificates suitable for framing. The “photo of the year” winner will receive a $300.00 prize (gift card/and/or merchandise).
10. Release and limitations of liability. By entering, contestants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Instagram, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorneys fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. E-supporter. When you enter, you will automatically become an e-supporter of California State Firefighters’ Association. This includes special event invitations, digital messages and free subscription to CSFA’s weekly e-newsletter. You may cancel and unsubscribe at any time.
12. Questions. Questions and inquiries about contest rules can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org